Ahoy, junior pirates! Dead Skin Dave has just set me an urgent request. He seems to have lost his crew, and he needs replacements as quickly as possible! All you need to do is make this official pirate hat to join Dave’s crew! Hurry he needs your help!
What You’ll Need:
Grocery bag (child hat) or newspaper (adult hat)
Cut open the bag so that you are left with a large front panel.
Carefully remove the handles.
Fold the panel in half along the width of the paper.
Fold the two corners to the center. Because your started with a rectanglular panel, the folded corners should leave you with some excess space at the bottom.
Fold the bottom excess up and over the corners as shown.
Repeat Step 5 for the reverse side of the hat.
Use your marker or other embellishments to decorate the face of your pirate hat. Start with skull and cross bone and see what else you can add.
Put on your pirate hat and say “ARRRGH!”
Ahoy, mateys! Dead Skin Dave, the pirate, here! I’m just checkin’ in on ye to make sure yer enjoyin’ me book!
If yer into colorin’ I’ve got some pages fer yer parents to print out!
Color it in as ye see fit, and if yer feelin’ up to it, have yer parents post yer drawin’ in the comments section so I can see the amazing job ye have done.
Now, get coloring!
Parents, print these out and present for your kids to color! Take them to school functions, picnics, car rides, hand them out to all of your friends and family!
Ahoy, junior pirates!
Keep your junior pirate lair safe from invaders with this official Dead Skin Dave door hanger!
Print as many as you’d like to repel all boarders!
Ahoy, junior pirates! Dead Skin Dave has passed along this important assignment! He wants you to make your very own treasure map!
Pirate’s Treasure Map.
- cold coffee or tea (about 1/2 cup),
- piece of white paper,
- a blow-dryer,
- a little imagination and
- some markers.
- Take a piece of nice white paper and rip off all the edges (don’t cut them with scissors, rip them!) If you rip the paper a bit more than you meant to, it’s not the end of the world.
- Crumple the paper up as tightly as you can into a ball.
- Flatten the paper out again and put onto a plate or cookie sheet. (if you haven’t told the kids what you’re doing, they’ll start thinking you’re really weird right about now).
- Pour coffee or tea over the paper. Swoosh around with your hands to make sure it covers everything.
- If you’re doing this with a large group of smaller kids, you may want to get it to this point and set them aside for a couple minutes (get the children arranged at the table for drawing their maps). Then pull out some finished, dried sheets that you premade. It keeps the kids from having to sit through the “waiting” parts of the project.
- Let it sit for about 5 minutes (if you’re doing it with a group, you don’t have to let it sit so long… 2 minutes is enough to give it some color)
- Pour the coffee off into the sink.
- Blow-dry with a hand held blow-dryer on high for about 5 minutes (leave it sitting on the plate while blow-drying or it will tear to pieces). When it’s pretty dry (and starts to lift a bit) switch the blow-dryer to low to finish off (about another 2 minutes).
- Now… take some markers and draw your map. There should be a big X in the middle, a dotted line trail that winds around and maybe a title that says “Pirate Island” and a North, South, East, West arrow in the corner.
- Once you’ve drawn the trail and X you can draw and label some “obstacles”. Some ideas are:
- Bloody Beach
- Waterfalls of Doom
- Skull rock
- Monster Mountain
- Skeleton Jungle
- Captain’s Cave (Captain’s Cavern)
- Serpent Pass
- You can roll the map up and slip into a 1/4 tp roll holder or tie with a ribbon, stick it into a bottle or just hang it up on your wall!
Lastly, when you are all done, find something to hide, create your own landmarks out of cardboard boxes, and have your friends go searching for your buried treasure!
If you have yet to order your copy of Dead Skin Dave, the Pirate! and would like a personalized autograph to accompany your purchase, wait no longer! I am gauging interest in this, so if it is something you would like, please fill out the contact form below!
Once you fill out the form, I will contact you with information on how to order.
A Paypal account will be required, as it is the safest and most effective way of sending money and personal data over the Internet.
Avast there, junior pirates!
Dead Skin Dave here fer one last blog post. It sure has been fun gettin’ out o’ me book and tellin’ ye all about my fantastic adventure. I hope ye are all plannin’ on orderin’ me book and reading it very soon!
I hope ye enjoyed me posts, and I look forward to seein’ ye all inside o’ me book!
Alas, have no fear! I will still be sendin’ activities fer me junior pirates through my author! Ye haven’t heard the last from me! My author, Ryan R. Palmer has many fun things on the horizon for all o’ the fans of Dead Skin Dave!
Catch ye on the open seas!
-Dead Skin Dave
Dead Skin Dave, the Pirate! is NOW AVAILABLE!
Click here to order!
Ahoy, mateys! Dead Skin Dave, here! I am happy to announce that me grand adventure, Dead Skin Dave, the Pirate is now published! I look forward to meetin’ ye inside the pages o’ me book! Now, I turn ye back over to my author, Ryan R. Palmer.
Thank you, Dave! Without further ado, here is the ordering information for Dead Skin Dave, the Pirate!
Dead Skin Dave, the Pirate!
Buy it now for $6.99!
Available NOW at CreateSpace or Amazon!
e-book $3.99 at Amazon